President Rodrigo Duterte revealed the names of government officials being investigated for alleged corruption.
At the sidelines of his meeting with Papua New Guinea Prime Minister Peter O’Neil on Wednesday, Duterte didn’t hesitate to share the list of alleged corrupt officials to the press.
He said that all officials that he mentioned were all suspended.
“Suspended sila lahat ngayon pending investigation,” Duterte told reporters in Malacanang.
To avoid the doubts of the public, Duterte said that he would let the Ombudsman handle the case against the officials that he mentioned.
“Lahat ito i-fo-forward ko sa Ombudsman… Mas gusto ko yung sa Ombudsman para walang sabi.” Duterte said.
You can see the names below:
- Atty. Ambrosi Basman,
- Atty. Rohani Basman,
- Amisa Lumogtod,
- Amelkier Macabando (ex-mayor of Marawi City)
- Atty. Samina Sambaco Macabando Usman (DOJ prosecutor),
- Atty. Benjamin Lanto (OIC Pasay City Prosecutor)
- Inquest prosecutor Clemente Villanueva,
- Assistant Prosecutor Florencio dela Cruz
- NAIA-Customs district collector Ramon Anquilan
- Moslemen Macarambon Sr. (Department of Justice Assistant Secretary)
- Customs Intelligence and Investigation Division Director Adzhar Albani,
- NAIA customs operations officer Lomontod Macabando.
- Tingagun A. Umpa (Department of Public Works and Highways Assistant Secretary )
Macarambon Sr. already resigned from his position recently after President Rodrigo Duterte urged him to resign together with Umpa.
Meanwhile, Umpa said that he was only a victim of a demolition job against him.